Friday, August 6, 2010

"Aunt Jamie, di you always know you wanted five kids?" Kennedy Vincent

I was doing laundry, while she was playing with dolls on the floor when she asked this question. I didn't really think much of it at the time and simply answered "I never knew exactly how many, I just wanted a large family." I then went on to explain that I am an only child and while as a child it is nice, it is kind of lonesome as an adult. I also told her how lucky she is to have two brilliant, fun sisters to love!
Now I begin to really think about it all...How wonderful it would be to have sisters like this? One is my twin and one is older and wiser and someone to really look up to.
Then I think about my "sisters," my friends. They are irreplaceable, just like a blood sister. They are there for me, always supportive, honest with me. They are here for me to cry with, laugh with, do crazy things with, complain to, vent with...and on and on. With these "sisters" of mine I could conquer the world!
What I am trying to say is I am lucky! I am lucky to have five healthy, beautiful children. I am lucky to have my family and "sisters." I am lucky to be able to open myself up and be grateful for what I do have!
To all my "sisters" I love you and I couldn't make it without you!

2 comments:

  1. And we love and appreciate you. I have known you since before I have memories and you have always been generous, ready to laugh at/with me and you always take my side when I am all worked up about something and venting. Thanks sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a sweet post. Sisters are such a blessing, but since I'm so far away from mine I just love all our friends, including you, that become my family away from family.

    ReplyDelete